Distance Learning @ GMS
To view information from Glynn County Schools about COVID-19 and Distance Learning, visit this link.
In-Person Learning: August 25 - 27, 2021
- Students attending In-Person Learning will be marked "present".
- Students absent from In-Person Learning will be marked "absent" and "excused".
- *Families may notice that when a student is first marked "absent" it is "unexcused". This will change to "excused" as school staff updates Infinite Campus.
GMS will distribute Chromebooks for students to continue learning through Distance Learning.
- Chromebooks will be checked out to parents, and parents will receive a Chromebook, charger, and handouts with helpful resources and information.
- Chromebooks can be checked out from the GMS Media Center. Please contact the Media Center at (912) 267-4150 extension 2109.
- If a parent needs special assistance checking out a Chromebook, please contact Jennifer Wilcoxon, Parent Involvement Coordinator, at email@example.com or (912) 267-4150, extension 2108.
- During Distance Learning, instruction will occur through Google Classroom and Google Meet with students following their daily class schedule virtually beginning on Monday, August 30, 2021.
- Daily class schedules and times are posted to teacher websites located at this link.
For GMS technology related concerns, please contact the following:
- Grade 6: Ms. Goeldner @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 267-4150 extension 2109.
- Grade 7: Ms. Kirchner @ email@example.com or (912) 267-4150 extension 2105.
- Grade 8: Ms. Bumgartner @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 267-4150 extension 2173.
Glynn County Schools has established a HELPLINE for Parents and Students at (912) 280-6789.
Frequently Asking Questions
What if I do not have internet access or reliable internet?
Please contact Ms. Jennifer Wilcoxon, Parent Involvement Coordinator, at email@example.com or (912) 267-4150, extension 2108. We are collecting this information to share with Glynn County Schools as they explore options for mobile WiFi. We are not preparing paper packets at this time.
How will my child complete work?
Students will be assigned work in Google Classroom. Students can access Google Classroom by visiting the GMS website and selecting "Students" and "Google Classroom". Links to Google Classroom are also located on each teacher's website.
To submit additional questions, please contact us at school or email Dr. Carter Akins, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick Reference Guides