Media Specialist: Mrs. Bumgartner
Media Secretary: Mrs. Goeldner
Welcome to the Glynn Middle School Media Center
The media center provides a variety of resources to support learning and engagement. The goal of the media center is to empower students through reading, research, inquiry, and collaboration. We strive to integrate information literacy standards for the 21st century learner. We are committed to helping students think, grow, share, and create.
Hours of Operation:
The mission of the school library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. The school library media specialist empowers students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information by:
Build new knowledge by inquiring, thinking critically, identifying problems, and developing strategies for solving problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to inclusiveness and respect for diversity in the learning community
- Work effectively with others to broaden perspectives and work toward common goals
- Make meaning for oneself and others by collecting, organizing, and sharing resources of personal relevance.
- Discover and innovate in a growth mindset developed through experience and reflection.
- Demonstrate safe, legal, and ethical creating and sharing of knowledge products independently while engaging in a community of practice and an interconnected world.